ziwa aw 2017bb member 20165 star wedding directoryss approvedbwp serenabelief awwd award 2016


Getting married in Italy with a civil ceremony, involves some documents and requirements depending on the nationality, and case to case. We know how stressful and complicated can it be… our job is to relieve you from anxiety, stress and confusion that planning can create.

Documentation required by law in Italy 

1. Women who are divorced or widowed cannot marry for 300 days, If you have been married before, you will have to submit your previous marriage certificate(s) : Divorce Decree or Death certificate.

2. In order to get married in Italy everyone will need a Nulla Osta: STATUTORY DECLARATION - No Impediment certificate, which is issued by the Embassy or Consulate of your country of origin here in Italy. It is valid for a period of time of 6 months, and as of 2011 costs equivalent of Euro 50.00. In order to get it you must have :

- Full birth certificate, the ones with your parents names on. You should request it in Italian or it will have to be translated and apostilled.

- Photo page of both passports.

The Nulla Osta is issued in Italian and is perhaps the most important document that you need to have in order to get married here. It must be done in Italy and we can do that together. It must be then legalized by “ufficio legalizzazioni” of the Prefettura, we can do that too.

3. Another requirement regarding the age: If you are under 18 or 20years old and if you're from New Zealand, you will need written permission from a parent or guardian in order to marry.

4. You will need two witnesses with valid ID.

5. Since the ceremony will be officiated in Italian, you will need an interpreter, and we will provide to you.

6. Last but not least the procedure will end few days before the wedding by doing the “DECLARATION OF INTENT” –Promessa di Matrimonio” at the town hall where you are going to get married, if required.

You will find detailed information for couples of the same nationality, and couples from different countries, besides the documents listed above, in the appropriate section dedicated to them.





new zeland